Leah R.
Topic: Zumba
EQ: What is the best way to maintain a healthy body fat percentage?

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Senior Project Reflection

1. Positive Statement

I'm most proud of my ability to communicate my knowledge to the students in my presentation, I feel as if I had their attention, because there was chuckles and full attention on me. I had talked to a couple of people in my presentation, they told me they felt like they learned new things through my presentation.

2. a) What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project? Why?

I feel like I deserve AE, because I did everything I was suppose to, I knew my information, and my answers. I tried to communicate it in a way where people will understand me, giving examples of strawberries and french fries and I think I communicated it well because my audience was entertained and I think that is a great sign of success, because my peers are my worst critics, so if they gave me a well-received response, I should get credit for that. I feel though that my strongest point was that I showed a relationship between exercise and nutrition, that they go hand-in-hand, thus everything else connected back to my EQ. I was assertive, I used up literally all my time, and I feel as though I communicated with my audience well. And my talking time was random stuff, it was all necessary, the only time I repeated myself was when I was connecting to things.

b) What assessment would you give yourself  on your senior project? Why?

P, because there were things that I was diligent about and there were things that still had room for improvement. But I feel like I reflected well through my 2-hour, and that is an overall overview of my senior project.

3. What worked for you in your senior project?

My independent component, definitely was a walk in the park. I never had an problem with that part of the project. Also, my 2-hour, I guess I feel most proudest because I didn't have much faith before I presented because of my poor experience in my 20-minute and the thought of failing and having to do it over again was scaring me, but I have to really thank Ms. Melogno for being calm, cool, and understanding. But, in the end the 2-hour just worked out.

4. What didn't work for you in your senior project?

My service learning, that was a hard experience, because I had contacted so many businesses and people, but nothing was working out. My service learning, wasn't directly related to my senior project, so I didn't get to have that experience others had. Also, my 20-minute, which I did poorly on, but that was on me, I was freaking myself out and the talking time and I blanked out and forgot everything I was suppose to talk about, but that just made me more determined to do better on my 2-hour.

5. Finding Value: How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors?

I can now say I understand the meaning of failing in some aspect. My service learning has taught me that yes, I'm not going to be successful all the time in getting what I need or want, but with some persistence everything will work out. I really feel as though consistently calling people to shadow them made me stronger more assertive, not scared anymore, and I got use to being rejected, which at first hurt my ego but it gave me thicker skin. Also, I learned that people are willing to help you, you would be surprised, especially when I explained to them my situation, they seemed generally interested, so I learned to think the best in people, human beings are good people. I feel like i learned a lot, some lessons are small, but during this whole processes I feel like I grew up, because with growing up, means taking responsibility and taking action, this whole senior project, really was a mini lesson to growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment