Leah R.
Topic: Zumba
EQ: What is the best way to maintain a healthy body fat percentage?

Monday, October 17, 2011

Independent Component 1 Plan Approval

1.       Write a description of what you plan on doing for your independent study component.

I plan on taking a Zumba Fitness class and taking my body measurements. I figure monthly measurements will do, for sure my midsection, hips, and thighs, my biggest problems. 

2.       Describe in detail how you think your plan will meet the 30 hours’ work requirement.

My Zumba Fitness class is five days a week out of the week, Mondays through Fridays for a Month, then it skips a week, and then goes back to the schedule. The classes are 1 hour each, so I could be finished with 20 hours within a month. To keep track of my days that I go and the hours, I will be using a calendar of some sorts to keep documentation, along with my measurements.

3.       How does your independent study component relate to your EQ?

My EQ is about losing body fat. One important way of losing fat is exercising; Zumba is a type of fitness. I wanted to put a “spin” on the type of exercise I do, instead of doing running, etc.  Zumba is a high intensity exercise that works all of the muscles in the body and works to lose fat, so this will be a way of becoming better and faster and putting more effort into my exercises, giving it everything I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment