Leah R.
Topic: Zumba
EQ: What is the best way to maintain a healthy body fat percentage?

Monday, September 19, 2011

Senior Project Presentation 1


This presentation is based on an interview I had with my Zumba instructor, one of my questions asked, what the process of becoming a certified instructor was like, and she gave me an extensive answer for that, so it would be perfect for a short presentation.

Objective: My objective is to teach the students about the process of becoming a certified Zumba instructor and the qualities you need to have to teach a class. 

Procedure:

1.        For the beginning of my presentation I will be asking 2-3 people what they think it takes to become a certified instructor. After people tell me what they think, I would explain to them that being any type of instructor requires training in that particular field and warn them I might ask questions.

2.       Then I’ll take from my interview what my interviewee told me about the certification process. I was thinking about going on the Zumba website* as my visual, and showing them the step-by-step process of finding a certification class using the website. Then explaining what the class entails, such as being there for 8 hours, etc.

3.       After explaining the process, I will go into what an instructor needs as far as qualities, such as a high energy level, bringing challenges to the workout, etc.

4.       At this point I will be checking for understanding, I think I will be asking 3 people questions on what I just taught, to make sure that they were following along, simple questions such as: Where do you go to sign up for a certification class? What is one important quality an instructor should have? 

5.       Before I conclude, I would reiterate some of the important points of my presentation, explain that to be an instructor, you really have to want it, to love it. Then I would conclude.


Resources/Materials:
I will need the following:

·         Internet (For the website I will be using)

·         Laptop

·         Overhead

*I am not 100% sure about using the website as my visual, still weighing my options.

No comments:

Post a Comment